Episode #3 of John Lenin’s series Allday University Starring Adjunct Alice. Follow the link to view the cartoons in more convenient strip versions.
The top 10% of American households represent over 70% of U.S. net worth (and 80% of stock ownership).
The bottom 90% splits the rest.
By the way: ever ask yourself how the degree-inappropriate salaries of higher education shape the racial composition of the professoriate? The chart below contains all the information you need to figure it out for yourself. Which group is best positioned to subsidize not just graduate school but a lifetime of low wages?
Median net worth by race, 2004
- Sympathy For Eichmann?
- What UC-Davis Pays for Top Talent
- Campus Occupations Reaching Critical Mass?
- To The People of The World: The Occupation Urges You To Assert Your Power
- Mass Arrests Swell Crowd on Wall Street
- Occupation Season Begins; Colbert, Aronowitz on Wall Street
- Police Violence Escalates, Day Five on Wall Street
- Wall Street Occupation, Day Three
- What Are You Doing for the Next Two Months?
- It’s the Inequality, Stupid